JESUS AND THE CHURCH ARE THE ULTIMATE MISMATCH
August 16, 2020
Lynn here. THIS IS FROM THE LORD!
The entirety of our years on earth are rushing, headlong toward ONE SPECIFIC DAY! A Day that’s been destined in our future for eternity. A day the has been promised before time began. The greatest day of all eternity!!!
The wedding supper of the Lamb!
And SUMITE NATION, we have been given a beautiful gift that most the rest of the world completely cannot grasp.
We have been walking this spiritual mismatch with a human spouse for years. AND, OH, WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW!
- We understand what it feels like to be a spouse who loves in the face of pain, rejection, and disappointment. —Just like Jesus loves His Bride.
- We feel deeply the struggle to build a moral family life, raise children and grow in our faith without the support of the one we chose to be our life partner. —Just like Jesus!
- We pray without ceasing for our spouse of this world to be awakened and embrace the Living and True God. —Just like Jesus!
- We sacrifice dreams of life together in harmony, church attendance, strong family and ministry with our spouse. —Just like Jesus!
WE THE UNEQUALLY YOKED. We understand Jesus. He lives in this scenario with 7.5 billion human souls that He died to save, heal, and set free. We see it so clearly. We understand Jesus. We know how He feels. He grieves over the lost and broken of this world, the spiritually mismatched Bride.
But through the long years of faithful perseverance we comprehend the heart of Christ for us, our family, our spouse, and humanity.
- And just like Jesus, we will never surrender hope and will fight hell itself for the souls of those we love.
- And just like Jesus, we will always believe a heart and a home can and will be redeemed and changed.
- And just like Jesus, we know without-a-doubt that all things are working for our good to the glory of the Father.
- And just like Jesus, we believe that it’s the goodness of God that leads to repentance.
Today, and every day, we continue to stand in the gap for a lost generation of spouses that are cloaked in darkness. And we stand alongside Jesus.
My SUMite brothers and sister, we know this better that any other person on the plant. Because we live this out every…..single…..day.
Jesus always believed for us. And in response we have followed His example in very challenging and extraordinarily difficult marriages. And in seasons when our heart breaks and disappointment vows to swallow us up, just like Jesus, WE WILL NOT RELENT! Jesus will never stop hoping, interceding, protecting and believing for us.
We can, AND WILL, do the same for a lost and broken man or woman.
AND YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE WE ARE THE CHURCH!!!!!!!!
Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out, “Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.” —Revelation 19:6-9
But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect. —Hebrews 12:22-23
So what say you, Church??? Will you be at the Wedding Supper of the Lamb. Will you be standing by your spouse, your children, grandchildren and their children’s children?
This is this your legacy! YOU are the one person who took one small brave step into faith and you changed an entire family line for a thousand generations. Let revelation bring this profound truth of your life’s impact for the Kingdom of God into your reality today. Then sing, praise, and walk in complete faith.
We have overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony!! THAT is the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Hallelujah!!!
I love you SUMite Nation! March ON!!! The world is the Lords and we shall see every knee bow to the name of our beloved, Jesus Christ. Hallelujah. AMEN Hugs, Lynn