You know what happened since I posted the survey results on Tuesday? Remember Tiffany, I prayed with her and so did several others. And guess what else, the books for our reader in Africa, well there were multiple donations. The grace and generosity of the SUMites, brings a great smile to the face of Jesus. Truly. AND the LORD is going to use those additional donations for books in ways that I can’t wait to tell you about. Stay tuned…. It’s awesome. But first, more results. (Read to the bottom and leave your prayer requests.)
Q: What topics, series has had an impact on your faith?
- All of them in some way
- Almost all the topics you write on have helped and the one on healing has opened my eyes to reveal the awesome power of our Lord Jesus...
- Gods promises and His waiting room
- Claiming things in faith. I do not remember the name of the series- just that it came right when I lost my firstborn at 5 months gestational age. It helped me not to give up and continue to claim those things which God has placed in my heart.
- The January fasts.
- Book series - winning him without words
- It's been cool to watch as you start to get a revelation of healing and all the other blessings that Jesus provided with his sacrifice.
- Fasting, Rosh Hashanah, sharing in the 'miraculous' together.
- Identity, Forgiveness
- Fasting, Prayer for Healing, Winning them with prayer, The Power of Gods Words, Prayer Strategy, Our place of Authority and Power, Prayer our Power Passage,
- Truthfully - every one. It's uncanny that the topics seem to "marry" (no pun intended) into my walk, too.
- Winning Him Without Words helped me tremendously early on. Seemed like few resources out there at the time. The emails have been dear to my heart often and drawn me closer to the Lord.
- Not sure.
- Healing, speaking in tongues. My church barely mentions the Holy Spirit, so I have been searching for information and God has provided!
- "Why Isn't My Spouse Saved Already?", "The Mismatched Family" (guest post by Dee Rusnak), and I like the perspective Ian provides.
- I particularly love your testimonies, and your encounters
Many of the responses referenced, spiritual warfare, the fasting in January & Rosh Hashanah, Prayer, and healing. When I read these replies, I nearly fall on the floor of my office in strong emotion. The affirmation that we are walking toward heaven with you and gaining victories… well, IT FILLS MY HEART!!!
I also asked: What topics could we write about that we haven't covered or we could cover again to encourage you? We will address these with our answers and perspective in the coming months of summer. I also hope that many of you will add your wisdom because the SUMites, I’ve come to know, are wise, Godly and amazing people of love who can help others on the road behind.
Q: Have you experience a change in your faith life since joining our community? How?
- Yes! I am in the Word daily, I am a prayer warrior, and I am way more eternally minded. I can't wait for Heaven! (I’m getting the Kleenex box ready. These answers bring tears of joy and love.)
- I am worrying less and giving it to God, and not taking it back, a whole lot more.
- I am finding maintaining my walk with God in a non-Christian family increasingly difficult and feel I am a worse Christian each day but SUM keeps me going. (Rebecca, I speak and pray breakthrough over you today. In Jesus name.)
- Definitely! The SUM nation has led me to have a much much deeper, intimate relationship with my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.....
- Have grown and been encouraged so much, I don't recognize myself
- Yes - I have matured more and am trusting people more - Lynn and Dineen are truly kind humble people. (Kleenex!!! Get me Kleenex!!)
- 1 word, Texas lol! But also having a special Christian Community that really GETS my personal struggles...this gave me the courage to walk out this difficult walk in my marriage with the man I love.
- Yes, strange to think it, but I now actively focus on keeping my religious life alive as well as building my relationship with God. I also have more calm and constructive conversations with my husband around faith.
- This community has made me know that I am the King's daughter and I was given my husband to love and serve!
- A little. I have accepted my marriage and given it higher priority instead of still wondering if I did a mistake by marrying my husband.
- Lynn has been a true mentor and has connected to me. Its so awesome. (More Kleenex)
- Not only has my faith been strengthened, my husband has taken several steps toward his faith, too! (Praise!) We are lucky enough to have 2 husbands in our group that offered to come into our group and answer some basic questions that we have as wives. We are blessed that they were interested, and it was so insightful. (Julie, would love to hear their perspective!)
- Yes, tremendously. It's no longer about just me and my marriage and my woes. It's now foremost about my personal relationship with Christ (acknowledging, receiving and accepting His love) and then serving my spouse (and the world) with Christ's love and compassion. This group has really helped change the lenses in which I view this journey - I dreaded the thought of the future and now I get a front row seat to Christ's mercies and grace!
- Although born again approximately 18 yrs ago SUM has definitely brought something that was very much needed to my faith. A maturity that was required and an awareness of those around me and the impact my life could have on them through Christ Jesus. I have learnt to walk with Christ through adversity without fear, with confidence and without doubt. My faith is the same but it is matured. My faith is the same but it's foundation is rooted deeper. My faith is the same but with the encouragement of SUM ministry, it's branches have grown it bares good fruit.
Gang, I pray you are bearing fruit… I pray that you are witnessing the LORD moving in your life, even while waiting for the salvation of your spouse and loved ones. We are receiving more salvation stories and personally, this year the week leading up to Easter, I received my breakthrough. A decades old infirmity was lifted from my life. I am now truly free… (Decades, I tell you. I didn’t think I would ever get free. BUT JESUS!!!)
IT'S BREAKTHROUGH SEASON… Don’t give up. That is the entire purpose of the demonic realm. To wear you down with trouble. To first to get you to become weary. Then to crush your desire to read the Word, then finally stop praying and eventually, you give up on God, your faith and surrender.
The devil doesn’t care about unbelievers. He already has them. He wants you…. Persistence and unrelenting faith is the key to victory in every area of your life. Get to church and worship. Read the Word every day. Pray throughout the day, every day. And stand in a faith so powerful that what you pray, MUST come to pass. In Jesus name. AMEN
What are you praying for and won’t give up on? Tell me in the comments and I will pray AMEN along with you… Hallelujah. Claim your breakthrough. In Jesus name. AMEN
Love you, Lynn
Share your voice, heart and love in the comments.
Marching Around Jericho is a spiritual guide. As you read through the pages, powerful and transformative instruction and equipping takes place. We follow Jesus as he leads us around the walls, imparting kingdom truths with each passing, finally arriving at the gates of the walled-off city, our spouse’s unbelieving heart. After the circles in prayer are complete, we arrive fully prepared to command the walls to crumble and be removed, making a way for our spouse to step from the rubble of lies and captivity, into faith and freedom!
Available January 2020