Thank you for walking with me through the Revelation of Love series. It’s now over. Dineen and I chatted yesterday and we are going to respond to the survey that we took back in March. We will be writing in response to your questions and topics that are of interest or need.
I was overwhelmed by the responses. First, I was astonished by the sheer number of replies and the details everyone offered. Wow, you know what that tells me? You are very much invested in this community. You genuinely feel connected in our family. You genuinely have HOPE in Jesus for your family, your marriage, your spouse and for each other who meet here daily. (I think I already knew that but it was so cool to see it confirmed in the survey.)
I asked the question: Do you visit our website Via: PC, mobile device or other. Well, it was split down the middle.
I asked: What is your age? 20-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 60+. Did you know that our community is comprised just about equally through all the age groups, with the exception of those under thirty? And it’s likely that we have less readership in that category because of two factors. One, young people are waiting to marry until they are older. Two, it takes several years of matrimony to realize that marriage is hard and walking unequally yoked is harder. After a few years in a rough patch, a desperate believer searches for help. That is when many find us. Praise God they find us. And many of you responded that is exactly how you found us.
Here is the question I asked and some responses: What was the approximate date Month/year you found SUM? How did you find our website?
- 2012; googled unequally yoked or unsaved husband or something of the like
- 2011-google search "I believe in God my husband does not"
- 2013 I found the site by googling words associated with the site. I know God led me to you.
Many of you also found us:
- Maybe about June of 2014? Through the book Winning Him Without Words, which I found about through a talk show on Christian radio.
- Sept/Oct 2012 - Focus on the Family interview
- I bought your book "Winning Him Without Words"
- Stumbled across the blog. "GODINCIDENCE"
- I joined in 2013. I had heard of your website in a previous year listening to a Moody radio broadcast called Family Life Today.
- I think we go back as far as Nov. 2001. I believe I came across the ministry of Lynn & Dineen through the book my pastor recommended to me, Winning Him Without Words.
There are SUMites that have been with us for years and some for only days. People come and stay and others only need to be with us for a season. God brings us many and we have loved them to the best of our ability. Many of you are faithful and give monetarily, monthly, even if you walked through a divorce or other profoundly difficult life challenges. That is what family looks like.
God is teaching us about His family and how we will love and live throughout eternity. We learn about one another first through our hearts because we can’t see each other and have all that silly judgement that goes on. We come to know and love each other through words, through our heart and mind and soul… It’s a beautiful practice that will be perfected in heaven when we all meet together in the Throne Room. Hallelujah!
You know what else I discovered about our home here on the web? We have accomplished something so many in the “church” desire to do but can’t seem to figure out…. We are a united CHURCH. A church without walls but united in faith and purpose. We all meet here. Learn together, pray for each other, listen, love, respond and encourage and yet we are diverse. We are many different ages as I mentioned before, our family is located in many places across the globe. India, South Africa, United States, Australia, Canada, Mexico, European nations, and even a few readers in Asia. Say what??? God is awesome!!
I asked: Are you attending church regularly? What is your denomination affiliation?
- Born again. I use Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa website to view weekly bible message.
- Non-denominational Christian church.
- Yes 4-square
- Yes, Church of England (Anglican)
- I go every other weekend per an agreement my husband and I made to keep peace and to rid our marriage of the fighting that was occurring every weekend over my church attendance. Praying the frequency increases and my husband begins to attend with me. I am Berean.
- Non-denomination i guess. Protestant...i hate to use labels
- Yes - Lutheran - I joined an ELCA congregation after leaving Missouri synod.
- fundamental Baptist
- yes every sun and wed(awana) Baptist
- I belong to (and am very active in) a Lutheran church because my husband was raised Lutheran, but I don't consider myself any denomination. I am a follower of Jesus.
- Attend church weekly, Assemblies of God
- Yes; evangelical Christian/Nazarene.
- yes, The Salvation Army
- Yes I attend regularly. Nondenominational
- Yes, Catholic
- Fairly regularly. I have 3 boys (12, 10 & 10) that I am trying not to drive away from the Lord, so it can be a delicate dance around church at times. The church we attend is a non-denominational Christian church.
- I'm not, but would like to. Methodist.
- I try and I'm Catholic
- Yes, Free Methodist.
What I love the most about all of us is that we don’t divide over denominational differences. I asked this question and was astounded that we come from all sorts of faith practices, backgrounds, and denominations. Often believers can divide in these areas but Praise God, we don’t get hung up there.
We ARE THE CHURCH!!
A beautiful and holy Bride that fights the demonic, seizes the day with prayer, never relents in our faith that our God can overcome ALL circumstances, trials and traumas. We are strong when we feel weak. We are vigilant to bring truth to our peeps. We have a hunger for God’s holy Word and we will never let loose of the faith that abides deeply within. We are love. We are more than conquerors and we are filled with the Holy Spirit power. We take down strongholds and bind all the comes against us. We bless and release the Kingdom with our mere words! We are the SUMITES and we are marching toward heaven and taking all our loved ones with us. We stand on the promises of God in full faith and especially 1 Cor 7:14. We are the kids of the Kingdom and Christ Jesus abides within.
If God is for us who could ever be against us?
Christ in us, the hope of glory!
Hallelujah! And AMEN!
Okay, next week I’ll share some more from the survey and then tackle some of your questions. So SUMITES, if you agree with the statement above and want to declare your faith. Write AMEN or some statement of faith or a scripture you are standing on in the comments today. See you there. Woo Hoo… Lord bring the fire on all of us and let us see your power and might displayed within our very own homes, marriages, families and community. In JESUS POWERFUL NAME. AMEN
I love you SUMites… You are MY family forever. Lynn
Share your voice, heart and love in the comments.
Marching Around Jericho is a spiritual guide. As you read through the pages, powerful and transformative instruction and equipping takes place. We follow Jesus as he leads us around the walls, imparting kingdom truths with each passing, finally arriving at the gates of the walled-off city, our spouse’s unbelieving heart. After the circles in prayer are complete, we arrive fully prepared to command the walls to crumble and be removed, making a way for our spouse to step from the rubble of lies and captivity, into faith and freedom!