Over the past several weeks we have covered many topics about loneliness and suffering. We have looked at these through the lens of God’s Word and our unique marriage struggles.
I feel as though it’s time to wrap up this series. So, how do we find healing? And how do we maintain our healing as our struggle continues in a marriage between a believer and unbeliever?
Well, way back in December many of you shared exactly what has brought healing to your life. I want to share them here today. I also want you to add to this discussion in the comments. What brings healing to our hearts?
Here are the thoughts SUMites left in the comments:
- Focus on the good and not what I don’t have.
- Look for ways to pour love into others.
- Set with other “married, singles – misfits. (Bible study, time at a coffee shop, on the phone, etc.)
- Start a small group. Share, pray, study.
- Join a Bible study.
- Have safe people in your life who understand and don’t judge.
- Focus on Jesus.
- Trust God for family’s salvation.
- Visit SUM – Read an email. Read a comment left by another SUMite. Comment back and forth and encourage another SUMite and be encouraged.
- Consider how my loneliness is actually a blessing. I’m encouraged to see other couples at church. I am believing God desires this for me.
- Seeing Jesus as my husband – My One true love!
- Walk in the fruit of the Spirit.
- Recognize lies of the enemy. Example: SUMites don’t fit in anywhere at our church.
- Cling to the promise of 1 Peter 3:1.
These are amazing and all of them are true, powerful and WORK in our lives. Amen Jesus, AMEN
When you begin to walk in the truths and power of Jesus Christ this is where we live everyday: Peace, joy contentment, hopeful expectant.
I love all of you so very much. I’m deeply encouraged every day by your love, devotion and pursuit of the Kingdom of God and the love of Jesus Christ. You are MY FAMILY. I love and adore you forever. Hugs, Lynn
Share your voice, heart and love in the comments.
Lynn has wonderfully mapped out the steps we all need to walk through to develop and grow this vital relationship with Him. This was the Lord’s intent for her transformation journey all along, and His intent for you too. Here she has spelled out the spiritual truths behind the principles and talked us through how she applied them. These truths are universally applicable to us all, though as the details of our lives, situations and hearts will be different, we will apply them differently. - Reader Review from Barnes & Noble.