Lynn and I (Dineen) put our heads together and created a list of 10 ideas (you know how we love lists of 10!) to WOW your spouse on Sunday. Many of these turned out to really bless our hubbies and we hope they’ll be helpful to you. Have fun!
- Buy his favorite magazine or a book he’s been meaning to buy and put little love notes in between the pages.
- Order chocolate covered strawberries and have them delivered to his work. Makes him look really good to the other guys drooling over his special love treat.
- Surprise him with a complete evening designed to focus on him. If possible, have a friend or relative take the kids, make his favorite dinner and dessert, shower him with attention that takes the evening right into the bedroom.
- Write him a love letter. Tell him you’re still crazy about and for him.
- Buy his favorite treat and hide in a place for him to “discover” it. Hide multiple items or little gifts and tell him you’re saving the best surprise for later.
- Text him love messages throughout the day and tell him you have a surprise to model for him later.
- Buy him tickets to his favorite sporting event and tell him you’re going too so that he can watch the game uninterrupted while you run to the concessions to get his favorite drink and snack. The night’s about him!
- Take him bowling at midnight and act like teenagers!
- Surprise him with a long should rub or massage with no strings attached. He’s the one who gets spoiled this time.
- Give him a handmade coupon for a free day to do whatever he wants, guilt free.
Here’s an article packed with great ideas by Bill and Pam Farrell. Prepare to be inspired!
Have Small Children?
Let me just add one more idea here. If you have small kids and no family to take them for an evening or not enough funds for a babysitter, consider planning a special evening WITH the kids there. Let them see you make a fuss over your spouse. What a wonderful way for them to see what love looks like in a marriage. Get them involved and help you decorate or set the table and plan a menu. Valentines Day can be a family event to celebrate the love you all share for each other. You can even turn it into a valuable lesson that will keep giving throughout the rest of the year. Have fun!
Praying and believing,
Originally posted February, 2011.
Share your voice, heart and love in the comments.
Marching Around Jericho is a spiritual guide. As you read through the pages, powerful and transformative instruction and equipping takes place. We follow Jesus as he leads us around the walls, imparting kingdom truths with each passing, finally arriving at the gates of the walled-off city, our spouse’s unbelieving heart. After the circles in prayer are complete, we arrive fully prepared to command the walls to crumble and be removed, making a way for our spouse to step from the rubble of lies and captivity, into faith and freedom!