Remember, we are in the seven times around. I’m not sure exactly where I am, five, six, seven times around but I’ve come so very far and will never relent. There are promises behind those walls. There are captives to be liberated and plunder to be regained. Everything that was stolen. And there is a devil to be defeated and cast into the lake of fire. We, the saints, are the chosen to defeat the enemy with our worship.
This is who we are. And you know what awaits us?.... The sound of the Shofar...
When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so everyone charged straight in, and they took the city. —Joshua 6:20
The walls crumbled. Now get this, the walls fell and the People of God didn’t lift a finger to topple this shut-tight fortress. God spoke. The Walls Fell. Period. The end.
But my friends, there remains another blast of the Shofar. It’s the trumpet sound of the Redeemed. God speaks and His Word goes forth with power, reducing the enemy to an impotent and silent foe.
And he will send out his angels with the mighty blast of a trumpet, and they will gather his chosen ones from all over the world—from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven. —Matthew 24:31
The great day of the trumpet blast is ahead. It is a promise we can believe and trust and pursue this promise. In the meantime. We walk. We love. We help others. We love others. We trust. We see the miracles and we train up the generation behind us.
As we conclude this series, I’m moved to ask you again. What is the most important verse or component of this story? Do you remember?
The voice of God. It matters not what lies behind those walls. It pales in comparison the plunder, the victory, the riches, the abundance. At the end of our long journey (our years of wondering in the wilderness) only one thing matters. His Presence.
Everything, all that we do, is in pursuit of His Presence. So consider a few thoughts with me as we continue to walk out this journey:
- My goal in life is not to figure out who I am, my goal in life is to figure out who He is.
- God is always good. Always. Always. Always.
- God has good gifts for His kids.
- My victory is at hand because it was finished at the Cross.
- It’s easy to pray general prayers to avoid disappointment. The Lord is looking for those who know they are servants and pray dangerously.
- God makes me BRAVE!
- Fear is faith in Satan.
- The enemy loves to get us to look at ourselves either in self-criticism or self-discovery in order to keep us from looking to God.
- Keep asking for The Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation that we may know Him better.
- Our brokenness is also our pathway to His heart.
- People matter.
- Perfect love casts out all fear.
- Healing is for everyone.
- God lavishly gives Spiritual gifts that we can give them to others.
- Grace, grace and more grace.
- Walking together we overcome all hindrances.
- Peace, I give thee. I receive His peace and I thrive.
- The Promised Land? His Presence.
I love you so much my friends. Share your thoughts, scriptures, prayers in the comments. Our worship silences the enemy. Your sister in the Kingdom, Lynn
Share your voice, heart and love in the comments.
Marching Around Jericho is a spiritual guide. As you read through the pages, powerful and transformative instruction and equipping takes place. We follow Jesus as he leads us around the walls, imparting kingdom truths with each passing, finally arriving at the gates of the walled-off city, our spouse’s unbelieving heart. After the circles in prayer are complete, we arrive fully prepared to command the walls to crumble and be removed, making a way for our spouse to step from the rubble of lies and captivity, into faith and freedom!
Available January 2020