I hope your team won. We spent the afternoon with REAL Packers fans. Our next door neighbors are from Wisconsin.
Cheese heads.... Need I say more.
Valentine's Day is a week away. Today I promised to share with you the BEST gift you can give your husband.
Last week I was reading some statistics provided by Sharon Jaynes, who writes devotions for Girlfriends In God. She states:
According to an analysis of the National Survey of Families and Households, 86 percent of unhappily married people who stick it out find that, five years later, their marriages are happier. In fact, nearly 60 percent of those who rated their marriage as unhappy in the late 1980's, and who stayed married, rated their same marriage "very happy" or "quite happy" when re-interviewed five years later ( Linda J. Waite and Maggie Gallagher, The Case for Marriage (New York: Doubleday, 2000) 148).
There are times in every marriage that one or both spouses feel unhappy. But God's call to us as believers is to press into Him and wait for the reward.
The ABSOLUTE best gift you can give to your spouse, believing or unbelieving, is to bring him or her before God. Have you ever noticed that if you earnestly pray for someone over many months, you can't stay mad with them?? It's a phenomenon I don't clearly understand but it proves to be true every time in my life.
Pray for their:
- Salvation, Romans 10.10. Not just to be saved but radically overcome by the Holy Spirit.
- Pray over his/her employment or work. Ask God to bless him/her and make them a man or woman of character, who is respected by others, strong ethics, an example for your children.
- Parenting. Ask God to make your spouse sensitive to your children. Respectful of their faith discovery. To be firm, fair, a great listener, to spend time and laughter with them.
- Ask God to show you your spouse's love language and to act on that knowledge. Love him/her with a full heart.
- Pray for their health.
- Ask for specifics that are of importance on that particular day.
- Pray they are faced with God in a continual way through out their day.
- Pray down protection from evil people and evil spirits.
- Pray to love your spouse as Christ loves the church. (see the video)
I'm often astounded to find many of us believing spouses know we have the power of God available to stand for us, our spouse and our children, but we don't use it.
Pray every day.
THAT is the best gift you can give. It lasts an eternity.
Now for some practical and fun gifts for Valentine's Day, stop back on Friday.
Dineen and I are compiling some prayers for husbands. Please write one and let us share it with others. Pray now in the comments a pray for your spouse. BIG hugs, Lynn
Share your voice, heart and love in the comments.
Marching Around Jericho is a spiritual guide. As you read through the pages, powerful and transformative instruction and equipping takes place. We follow Jesus as he leads us around the walls, imparting kingdom truths with each passing, finally arriving at the gates of the walled-off city, our spouse’s unbelieving heart. After the circles in prayer are complete, we arrive fully prepared to command the walls to crumble and be removed, making a way for our spouse to step from the rubble of lies and captivity, into faith and freedom!