174 posts categorized "Community"

This IS the SUMite Nation - Survey Results

SUMite Nation Thank you for walking with me through the Revelation of Love series. It’s now over. Dineen and I chatted yesterday and we are going to respond to the survey that we took back in March. We will be writing in response to your questions and topics that are of interest or need. I was overwhelmed by the responses. First, I was astonished by the sheer number of replies and the details everyone offered. Wow, you know what that tells me? You are very much invested in this community. You genuinely feel connected in our family. You genuinely have HOPE in Jesus for your family, your marriage, your spouse and for each other who meet here daily. (I think I already knew that but it was so cool to see it confirmed in the survey.) I asked the question: Do you visit our website Via: PC, mobile device or... Read more →

Share your voice, heart and love in the comments. 

THRIVE in your Spiritually Mismatched Marriage and raise your children to faith. Our books are filled with practical experience and Biblical advice. -click or tap the photo-

Footer w drop shadow

SUM Nation Survey

SUMites, Would you please take just a few minutes to help us make our community better and stronger. The link below is a quick survey about how you found SUM. We are also asking about what you want to read in the future and what other events we might offer. Please, PLEASE take a minute to complete this confidential survey. We won't share your information nor will you receive an email from us. Thank you SUM family. Together we are a strong family who loves one another as we march toward victory in our faith and marriage. Hugs, Lynn SUM Nation Survey: March 6, 2017 And get ready because I'm about to burst as we learn how to receive a Revelation of Love. We will start this fantastic journey with the Lord on March 20th. Look up Zephaniah 3:17. I know this and Zachariah 12 will become powerful in our... Read more →

THRIVE in your Spiritually Mismatched Marriage and raise your children to faith. Our books are filled with practical experience and Biblical advice. -click or tap the photo-

Footer w drop shadow

A Declaration of Salvation

Hello, SUMites! Can you believe we’re already in March? Time seems to keep speeding up on me, so I’ve made the decision to look forward to Christmas all year long. If this most precious season is going to keep fleeting by on me, I’m going to make the most of it the rest of the year. Are you laughing at me? LOL! That’s fine if you are. But on a deeper note, I believe this is actually part of the journey God has me walking to know more joy and delight, especially delight in Him. Which brings me back to Isaiah. Who would have, at first glance, thought that the book of Isaiah is one we can delight in? But it is. It is the book that holds the most prophetic words about the Messiah coming and who He would be to the Israelites. And to us… That’s the delightfully... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

The Rains of God’s Glory

My friends, I have something very special to share with you today. It’s something I was unsure about sharing at first, but a phone convo with Lynn helped me see I should indeed share it with you. And since then, God has revealed a bit more and connected more dots. In early 2014 God told me to pray for California. This was before our move to Florida. II was sitting on my porch one morning with my favorite mug full of coffee and my Bible. As I read and prayed, God told me to “pray a wave a faith over California.” I didn’t quite understand what that would look like, but I did what He asked and began praying this obediently for months. Fast forward to the Spring of 2015. We’d moved part time to Florida but still spent several months in California and still owned our home there. The... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Destined to Succeed

Hello SUMites! On Monday I said I would talk more about God’s perception of us, how He sees us, but first I want to share a story about this picture. Last week as I went for a walk to pray and worship, I looked up and saw this in the sky. It reminded me of the cross (in the lower left side), but it had these two lines coming out from it that seemed to just go on and on. The Holy Spirit used this image to impress upon me once again that the cross took care of the past, and its effects/benefits continue to span across our present and future. And the Greek word for salvation (sozo) holds more meanings then I believe we realize or even claim as part of what we’ve been give. Sozo — save, make whole, heal, preserve, well, deliver, protect Now think of Paul’s... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

"Watch What I Do!"

What has God promised you, my friends? That is the place I want to start today, because I’ve discovered there is a very definitive process that occurs between the promise given and the reality (or manifestation) of that promise. And it’s in the in between time that we can get confused or even lose sight of our promise. No, I will not break my covenant; I will not take back a single word I said. — Psalm 89:34 (NLT) I believe as a community we are on this journey right now together. As I shared last week during our prayer and fasting, this is a Year of Promises. As I walk in this place of waiting and the challenges I’ve faced, I’m finding that God’s promises are designed to bring us from one point and place in time to another and it’s very much to do with our growth as... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Defending Our Mind

SUMites, we’ve just come out of our week of prayer & fasting. I must say I am blown away at how powerful this year’s fast seemed to be in our community. Abba is really taking us to new levels and places this year, my friends. Don’t be surprised if things continue to be revealed, shift and unfold over the next several weeks. We’ve set the stage for 2017 in a powerful way and God does not disappoint. Over the week, God revealed some truths in Scripture and connected some dots for me. One I’d like to share with you today, because it’s a new prayer strategy for me. And in light of some of the things God showed me this week and Lynn’s upcoming series on emotional healing, I believe it is timely. We’ve studied this verse before. In fact, Lynn has a video about it over there in the... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

FAST 2017: Day Five

We arrived. Hallelujah! My fast went fairly decent. Wasn’t perfect but fasted mostly for five days, (I still have today to go). I lost four pounds and gained new awe in my heart for our Father. I feel almost melancholy that our fast is ending. This week has brought tears to my eyes, laughter to my heart to read what happened in your lives through the book and the fast. I’m humbled and in awe that our Lord is so powerful on the move to bring breakthrough to our SUM House of believers. Today, is a special day because chapter 13 is a gift. I wrote it following a powerful prayer session. And what I received, God says is for everyone who contends for an unsaved spouse. So I pass it along to you. Pray and release. Don’t carry the burdens you are not to carry. Jesus died to bring... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

SUMite Fast 2017: Day Three, Anointing Oil

This verse has been pinned to my prayer board for weeks. My friends, we are already on day three of our prayer and fasting. Please share what God is showing and/or telling you. Your testimony may be the very piece another SUMite needs to help her or him connect the dots of what God is revealing. I’m finding myself in that place again where God is connecting dots again and revealing answers to prayers. I’m so very encouraged especially for my children and hope to share more soon on what’s happening. Plus, our first night of fasting from television turned out to be such a precious time for my hubby and I. We played games and didn’t miss watching it at all. I am amazed by that, my friends. I know the Holy Spirit gave me grace for that. Plus I had time to spend in His presence later in... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

SUMite Fast 2017: Day Two, Promises

My friends, we are on day two of our fast. I’ve chosen to fast from sun-up to sun-down each day. I also sought the Holy Spirit’s guidance on anything else I should fast from, to honor the Lord. He’s impressed upon my heart to fast from television. Not that I watch that much, but it is a routine thing for hubby and I in the evenings to relax and watch old reruns. I find this time very cathartic. But God told me He wants to do something different so maybe this is part of it. The unexpected part of it is when I told my husband I was “considering” doing this, I asked him what he thought and if he’d like to join me. He said yes! So, Mike is joining me in a fast from television this week. I’m fascinated to see what God does with that, my friends.... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Getting Ready for Our 2017 Prayer & Fasting

Hello, SUMites! My dear friends, I've missed you. I hope your Christmas was filled with joy and wonder, and that your new year is off to a great start, full of hope and expectation. My time with my family over Christmas and New Years was very sweet and precious. I am so grateful for it as we only get to spend Christmas together every other year now. So thank you, my SUM family, for your prayers and blessings over my time with my daughters and son-in-love. As you can imagine, I miss them greatly. Our Papa God has comforted my melancholy heart every time I’ve run to Him. He’s so good. But I am ready to walk into 2017 with new expectations and new clarity for direction. And I'm "expecting" next week's prayer and fasting will be key to that. I believe many of you are too. I've loved reading... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Stay in the tent

Photo courtesy of khunaspix/FreeDigitalPhotos.net Last year my Word for the year was “DELIGHT”. I so enjoyed delighting and figured there was so much more for me to experience that I was expecting I would stick with the same word for 2017. As I prayed and meditated on it last week I stumbled across a line in a prayer I read: “If I’m going to be in a hurry about one thing this year, may it be to linger longer in Your Presence. Everything else will fall into place.”1 I stopped. Re-read this line a few more times as I prayed and then I had a new Word for 2017. Can you guess what it is? Linger! It’s a great word. How much do we enjoy lingering on a great cup of coffee or fabulous dessert or a piece of music? But how much time do we spend simply lingering in... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

2017 Fast

My friends, The New Year fast is going to be different than in years past. I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to walk all of us through a season of healing. One of the ways believers encounter healing is upon our discovery of our divine purpose and calling. DISCOVER YOUR DIVINE CALLING - FAST 2017 Day one you can expect a few questions that you will take with you into your prayer time. And as your hunger grows throughout the day, I’m convinced that the answers will flow from the Throne of Grace and Mercy. We will also be using the prayer book as a prompt and it will also become a record of our fast and so much more. It’s not too late to order you copy. However, we are sold out. Every book that Dineen and I order has been purchased and shipped. We have more on... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Waiting on the Promises with Hope

My advent wreath—the first candle lit represents hope. Hello, SUM Family! Life at the new Miller Home has been crazy busy and hectic to say the least. We’re mostly settled in with just a few boxes here and there.My daughters and son-in-love will soon arrive to spend Christmas with us—our first Christmas in our new home. Needless to say hubby and I have been busy little bees getting things put in place and finishing some projects ourselves like towel bars and and a few light fixtures. Then, of course, decorating the house for Christmas, gift shopping, social events…my list is growing, my friends. How about yours? I think we all share this common challenge of managing the business of the season while trying not to lose the heart and hope of what it truly means. Christmas is all about promise. Our Messiah Jesus was/is the greatest promise given to us.... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Introducing The SUM Shop

What’s The SUM Shop, you ask? Well, my friends, Lynn and I have been working on several projects over the last few months and a store dedicated to this community is one of them. At The SUM Shop you will find books, one of which is the new SUM community book, Winning Them With Prayer. (Formerly titled Praying for Your Unsaved Spouse—we’ve redesigned a bit. Lynn will tell you all the details tomorrow.) When you check out the shop you’ll see you can pre-order this book now. You’ll also find teaching videos and materials, gifts items and more. More as in more is coming. We are so excited to offer this now as a way to provide more resources designed to your needs, and all the proceeds from The SUM Shop are poured back into this ministry to advance the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. So check out The SUM Shop,... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Sumite Prayer Partners

Hi prayer family, Christy Edney here! As I think about our community, one phrase continues to bounce around in my head. That phrase is authentic friendships. Many of you have accepted the invitation to form prayer partnerships and you have shared how God is working through those bonds. It's not too late to receive a prayer partner! If you would like a partner then please send me an email by clicking this link: Sumite Prayer Partners Today I want to share a quick story from Sumites Melissa and Anne. They are prayer partners that can actually meet in person because Melissa used the Community Map to look up her hometown and noticed another Sumite in her area. I want to encourage you to do the same thing! Click on the Community Map, add a dot to your location and email Lynn or Dineen if you see another dot in your... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

The Times They are a Changin'

My friends, I pray this video encourages you. As I suggested, read Ezra and this amazing story of how God used King Cyrus, the leaders of the Trans Eurphrates, King Artaxerxes and King Darius to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. The very people and plans to stop this wound up revealing the original edict by Cyrus to rebuild the Temple. God loves to turn things on end and surprise us, SUMites. Remember, things won't look the way you expect. This is not a time of either or. It's a time of yes and both and AMEN! So let's be in prayer together for our loved ones. When the servant of the man of God rose early in the morning and went out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was all around the city. And the servant said, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?” He said, “Do not be... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Defending the Bible

A few days ago, I received a prayer request from a new reader. As I answered her email, I realized that her situation is also similar to many of us. So, I want to share her question/prayer request and my answer. Let me know if you are in this season of marriage and struggle and I will be so glad to pray for you. Hugs, Lynn From B: My husband says he believes but every time that I open my Bible or talk about God he makes me feel like I'm wasting my time and brings up controversial issues in the bible to try to prove it’s not true. It weakens my faith because he makes really good points and it then makes me feel stupid for believing it. I don't want to feel this way and I know it's Satan trying to steal my joy and my faith and... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Expecting and Dreaming!

My daughter Leslie's blessing prayer on our entry. :-) My friends, Mike and I are getting settled into our home. There are still boxes to be unpacked and things to be put away, but I am loving the process. And the promise. There is so much promise coming… I shared on our Facebook page recently a verse that the Holy Spirit kept bringing to my attention over and over again. I honestly have never had a verse “dog” me this much. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. — Romans 16:20 I didn’t fully understand the full “breath” of this word at first until I was in a moment of worship and God overwhelmed me with not just His love but a hope so great it brought me to tears of joy. It’s huge! And then I... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

The Tale of Two Houses

My friends, I pray you are still discovering sweet revelations and blessings from last week's fasting and praying for Rosh Hashanah. Dawn did an amazing job leading us. Thank you, my friend! We love you so much! And my friends, your comments were moving and inspiring. If you didn't read Ann's comment about her revelation dream for us that she posted on Thursday, please go read it in the comments. It's very encouraging and confirmed many things for me. In fact, God used her comment and Dawn's story about her house to show me what I was to share with you next. Can I just say, I love our Father's heart for us and our spouses? He is so passionate about us, my friends! I'm overwhelmed by His love and heart for us. Now about our house...we are just 16 days away from closing. We have watched our house transform... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

A Testimony of Fasting - Day 1 of SUM Community Fast

“If I told you my story You would hear Hope that wouldn't let go And if I told you my story You would hear Love that never gave up If I should speak then let it be Of the grace that is greater than all my sin Of when justice was served and where mercy wins Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in Oh to tell you my story is to tell of Him” Lyrics from “My Story” Big Daddy Weave The words to that song are the words to my song – my story. And to tell you my story is to tell of Him. My story of the last year is one filled with hope, love, victory and abundance. It has been a jubilee year indeed and it all started with the Rosh Hashanah community fast here in our Sum Community. It was Monday, September 14th.... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Rosh Hashanah and SUM Community Fasting

Hello, SUMites! I’m excited to tell you about what will be happening next week and who will be leading it. Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, begins at sunset on Sunday, October 2nd and ends at nightfall on October 4th and means “head of the year” in Hebrew. The biblical name for this holiday is Yom Teruah, which in Hebrew means day of shouting and blasting and is sometimes translated as the Feast of Trumpets. Thus why the Shofar is a symbol of the holiday (as well as the eating of symbolic foods such as apples dipped in honey to evoke a "sweet new year”) and is blown as part of the celebration. The significance of this horn is very symbolic as well. Remember the story of Jericho and how the seven priests bore seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark of the Lord? They were to blow the... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Lord of the Harvest

He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.” My friends, I don’t know if you remember me sharing in June of 2013 a dream God gave me, which I believe was a precursor to our salvation word this year and what’s to come. There are several pieces to this that the Holy Spirit is showing me, and I am excited to share with you. So let’s start with a refresher of that dream and then pray in this harvest! May 2013 (date of dream) I was half awake, half asleep, but the dream was very vivid. I stood before a tall cornfield—taller than me. Jesus stood next to me. He gestured to the crop and said, "This is the Great Harvest.” I said,... Read more →

Footer w drop shadow

Foundations Series: GOD'S LOVE

God's love is complete. Jesus made sure of that at the cross. So if God did that in order to love us that way, why would He be angry with us or withhold His goodness from us? Something to think about. The truth always turns the lie upside down. Love you, my friends! Dineen Read more →

Footer w drop shadow