I asked: What was the circumstance in your life when you joined our community?
- Married with 2 young boys. I just re dedicated my life to Christ, but am married to a believer that is hostile towards Christ.
- I desperately needed encouragement, and I felt completely alone in my situation.
- Just needed hope for a wayward spouse
- Alone in my marriage
- I am married to a pre-believer who was having an affair and wanted a divorce and the Lord told me to honour him by standing for the marriage.
- Unhappy with my unequally yoked experience, frustrated that my husband didn't understand or even want to listen to my Christian life experiences.
- I felt called to have a more personal relationship with God, and my hubby said he was atheist. It rocked me.
- My heart was taking me down a dangerous path of blaming my husband for not meeting my needs. The enemy was working overtime on me and I was giving in to thoughts of divorce my husband is a wonderful man and even though we are unequally yoked I believe God gave him to me.
- Married to a completely backslidden Christian
There are many more reasons. All of them were a heart cry and a search for the love and power of God. And many of you found the answers or at least the hope you needed and still need to walk forward in faith and marriage.
Here are some of your responses to this question: Have the SUM websites, community, resources, books helped you in your faith walk and/or marriage? How?
- Absolutely!!!! It is such a wonderful ministry. Knowing that other women are going through the same trials gives me strength to stay in my marriage. I have learned how to pray with power, and I have learned so much!
- Have helped me realize I'm not alone in this walk, provided great encouragement & recognized my life and marriage can still be a blessing
- Yes, tremendously with scriptures and knowing other people truly walking this same "crazy" walk and wonderful advice is beyond helpful and insightful
- I'm not sure I feel a part of the community. I read the posts but I don't know what the community is. I probably need to read the books. They would probably help. (Tiffany, please email or leave a note in the comments. We will pray for you.)
- Yes - The website opened my eyes to the fact that God calls each of us to serve right where we are.
- Absolutely 100%! I feel welcome and at home in the community despite being geographically distant, and I feel as though Lynn and Dineen are my friends. It is a safe space for me to share and to receive encouragement, prayer and acceptance. The blog always helps me no matter the topic and I feel you are speaking my LANGUAGE! The latest book is so Powerful and an effective weapon against the enemy. I love that you take time to read and respond to my comments and it has helped me become more confident in commenting and praying for others. I have saved the prayers and prophetic words you have spoken over me and they are treasures to me as I trust and respect you both and completely receive your words.
- Yes it has. I received a lot of understanding and it clarify so much for me, and changed my perspective. It was also something I could share with other women.
- I live in Kenya, Africa and have been unable to buy books or contribute to our SUM church. (Anyone want to buy a set of book for this sister in Kenya, I’ll pay shipping, $25? Make a donation, use the button in the sidebar. And more than one person can give. There are others who need books. Shipping is expensive overseas so this would be a great partnership between me and you. Lynn)
- Not yet. I'm wrestling with it all. (We understand completely! Can I get an amen?)
- Given me hope
I wish I could share all the responses with you. The words of life, faith and HOPE ring forth. And all your responses about healing from loneliness, hopelessness and more…. It’s all because of Jesus Christ. Dineen and I just two wives along for the ride with the rest of you!
But what a GLORIOUS ride, indeed!!!
So, are you interested in the reading about the rest of the results? Or, is this boring? Not sure if I should share more?? Thoughts? I have a few more questions to share and then an exciting community event and then we are tackling the suggested topics. It’s going to be a great summer. Woo Hoo.
Buckle in because the Spirit of the Living God is being poured out and SUMites are prepared to receive Him!!!! Hallelujah!