Here are a few more responses to the survey.
Q: What have you learned or experience through SUM that has transformed your life?
- I was searching for your website to find out how my husband can change. What I really learned is that the relationship with Christ needs to start with me.
- I've learned about my identity in Christ, and how to use that authority in my prayers.
- Reading other people's stories shows what God can do and gives me hope
- Praying the word with bold faith. Covering my family...1cor7:14 (I can’t tell you how many different people and how many times I have referred people to Chapter 8 of Winning Them With Prayer. This scripture changed everything for me – Lynn)
- Overall, I would say just the experience of being with a community of like circumstances has transformed my life the most. Up until 5 years ago, I knew no one unequally yoked---my friends all had Christian husbands and did not have a clue about this type of circumstance. I always got the impression they thought because my husband was a good man, the spiritual side didn't matter.
- That God can still use anyone even if they are struggling in some area of their life
- That I'm not alone. There are literally thousands of us called to this lifestyle and blessing of having a mission-field right in our own living room!
- A community of people going through the same circumstances and thriving; and even when they hit bumps, being transparent-asking for prayer, having dialogue with folks that truly care about them. This has caused me to be more transparent in life; to take that step out there when talking to people. It has made me brave, as I never walk alone.
- Trust God in the hard
- The weekend Lynn came to speak at our church! God's love became so overwhelming!!
- The first time I read Winning Him Without Words - I was joyfilled! It was the first book I read on SUM that lifted me up and made me want to share it with others like us.
- That I'm not alone and Lynn, Dineen and the SUM community are my home and safe place.
- I am not responsible for my husband's salvation, that will be in God's timing. I, however, can draw closer to God.
- I now know that God still loves me!!
- Too many things to narrow it down. I have been in regular contact with a new friend in Texas, however, through SUM as a prayer partner for the last 6-8 months. That has been such a blessing to share life with her and pray for a sister in similar shoes.
- My faith has grown
I think as I read this last entry, My faith has grown. I pray this for all of us. I know that for Dineen and I, our faith has grown as we have grown up with all of you. I wish I could share each of your replies. SUMites, we are helping each other. We are learning to pray, to have powerful faith, to BELIEVE that mountains will move and to cheer on others as they battle the demonic and WIN!!!!
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. —John 14:12-14
I release the truth and power of this verse over your life, faith, marriage, home, finances and family. It is for the SUMites today. By the power of the Holy Spirit, the blood and name of Jesus Christ and by the love and affirmation of our good Father. AMEN
If you agree, type AMEN in the comments. SUMites. Today we walk in VICTORY!! Hallelujah. AMEN. Love, Lynn